To get FREE access to the full-length webisodes (as they're completed) as well as periodic information on our progress, SIGN UP below.
ANNALIESE! ANNALIESE! is a quirky romantic comedy about a millennial man-hating woman, who, in an attempt to live a life without the male species, recruits the gay guy next door to help her become a nun, even if she's not very religious.
The story will appear first as seven webisodes, which will be used in a Crowd Funding and Investor Campaign. If we can raise the required funds, the feature will be produced.
Sign up to follow our progress at our pre-launch crowd funding site at Indiegogo.
It's free. There's no obligation. As soon as our webisode videos are ready, we'll launch our campaign. Be one of the first to enjoy the series join us as an associate producers.
Trailers for Webisodes 3, 5, 6, & 7 - Coming Soon.
WEB SERIES SYNOPSES
The seven part web series tells us a little about Annaliese and her problem.
1. DR. FRED. Annaliese meets with her therapist, which her mom pays for, in an effort to "straighten" her out make her fit for marriage.
2. ON THE RUN. Annaliese goes jogging with her childhood best friend, Jillian. Annaliese tries to convince Jillian that they both should be nuns. Jillian doesn't think so.
3. THE KITCHEN PROMO. Annaliese's mother tries to butt in on her daughter's fame of starring in a movie.
4. DRIVING ME CRAZY. Jillian drives Annaliese to her third convent interview, which Jillian says is "...driving me crazy."
5. THE THIRD INTERVIEW. Mother Superior tells Annaliese that as a Sister of the Child Jesus, there are no days off, and she can expect to take Sister Pauline's jack hammer class.
6. TAKE AWAY NUNINGS. Jillian drives Annaliese back after the interview and concludes that Annaliese has two choices: "(A). muck out horse stalls, or (B) change diapers."
7. ALL ABOUT DEVIN. Annaliese's mother throws her a surprise birthday party of sorts. But the party ends abruptly and sends Annaliese to Jillian's house for a "tea" party...with something stronger than tea.
Annaliese, a beautiful 25 year-old woman who dislikes men, attempts to live a life without guys by becoming a nun at the Convent of the Perpetual Virgin. But during a discernment weekend there, Mother Superior tells her that she first has to write an essay about her experiences dating men... at least five different men....before they will even accept her application to enter the convent as a novice.
This scares our protagonist. She does not like men, for good reason. There is Dino Ambrosi (the divine immortal one) a self-absorbed cad who's harassed Annaliese for years to be his trophy wife. Then there's her older brother who she idolized until a certain event during high school convinced her that all men should be despised. And of course there's all the men on the street who think she's a piece of meat. Besides she has not dated a man in years. The only problem is no one that knows Annaliese believes she's nun material, including her therapist who becomes despondent when she tells him her plan.
Confronting the constant objections of her mother who is desperate for grandchildren and can't imagine her daughter a perpetual virgin, Annaliese enlists the help of the man in the apartment next door who happens to be gay. As a photographer, Brad is on assignments all over the city and knows a lot of men...who are not gay. He assures her the men he knows would probably go out with our young and beautiful protagonist and he's glad to help her achieve her dream of being a none...er, nun.
So, one-by-one, the two work together to arrange five dates, to fulfill the convent's requirement. But the dates are all disasters...something she both expected but also saddens her. There's an outing with a lawyer who takes her on a ride with his weekend motorcycle gang. A young banker tries to take her to dinner and to the opera, but the maître 'd won't even seat them. She cooks dinner for another man, but lets the roast duck burn when she finds out his obsession with a certain kind of wildlife. She asks a philosopher to coffee, but she being a natural theist and he being an existential nihilist doesn't prove promising. And finally, there's the handsome devout Catholic man who she almost kills in a car accident.
Now, with her car totaled, she has to ask Brad to take her to the convent to make her report to Mother Superior in hopes she can get into the convent. She's convinced there's no way she'll ever find a man that could interest her romantically...which is good, right?
And that's when everything changes.
The story is about the importance of selfless diligence and the dangers of selfish indifference, and how what we want is not always what we need.